CRAYON LIPSTICKS ARE HERE!
Hello all I am here with Shera P. Shera P hand pours crayon lipstick! We are so excited to be doing this interview with you today!
- Can you tell us how you got started? I was recreating some of my favorite lipstick shades for myself and my boyfriend suggested selling them. I was very reluctant, but figured ‘what the heck – just go for it’. So I did. And I’m glad I did because I really enjoy coming up with new colors and methodically hand pouring each tube. It’s kinda relaxing.
- What ingredients do use to make the lipsticks? I use nontoxic crayons for pigment, castor oil and cocoa butter for moisture, and sometimes an organic essential oil for fragrance.
- What colors do they come in? Right now, I’m offering a red, pink, nude, orange, 2 purples, and black. But I’m currently developing some neons as well as colors with sparkles in them.
- What inspired you to make your own
lipsticks? Funny story. Someone gave me a set of NARS lip colors for my
birthday and I absolutely LOVED them all so much. When I used them all up,
I couldn't find the colors that I’d fallen in love with so I began to
research how to make my own from common items. Once I discovered that I
could use crayons, all of my dreams came true because I could then not
only re-create my favorite colors, but I could also develop more colors to
add to my collection.
Thank you so much for this interview, I wish you great luck with your business and thank you again.
- When did you begin making lipsticks? I started about a month ago and things just took off. Now I sell online, in person, and at craft fairs.
- Do you have any make-up tips? Yes! Always, always, always experiment. You never know what you’ll discover when trying something new – be it a new method, a new color, or a new product. You may find something that you can’t believe you ever lived without!
- Where can we go online to purchase your lipsticks? www.SheraP.etsy.com Come by and take a look, say hi, & be inspired!
GO SHOPPING NOW LADIES!www.SheraP.etsy.com